Special post-holiday rate of $215 for kampers attending July 6 –8
Sunday August 7 – Friday August 12
Outdoor Skills Kamp – Sunday July 3 – Friday July 8
Sports Kamp – Sunday July 10 – Friday July 15
Adventure Kamp I – Sunday July 17 – Friday July 22
Arts & Drama Kamp – Sunday July 24 – Friday July 29
Adventure Kamp II – Sunday July 31 – Friday August 5
LIT I – Sunday July 3 – Friday July 15
LIT II – Sunday July 17 – Friday July 28
LIT Special Topic – Sunday July 31 – Friday August 5
CIT – Sunday June 26 – Friday July 1
“God of Adventure!”
Vanderkamp’s 2016 Theme
What did Noah, Jonah, Moses, and Mary have in common? What could we possibly have in common with them? These are just some of the biblical stories we will draw upon as we explore this year’s theme.
Vanderkamp’s 2016 theme was inspired by Bruce Dunning’s 2011 book, “God of Adventure: Exploring How God Teaches Through Adventure and Calls Us To Do The Same.” Several of our staff members, including Sara Manning, our new Program Director as well as Bill & Penny have read, discussed and been inspired by this book.
We are very excited to be developing our own bible exploration curriculum around this theme. Not big on adventures? No worries. We’ll have little “a” adventures and big “A” adventures of the mind, body, and spirit as we play, pray, and grow together as a Christian community and as the special and unique individuals God created us to be.
Discount and Kampership Information
(please fully complete Discount Request form when registering)
All discounts are subject to verification, you will be notified if you are ineligible. Only one discount may be applied (in conjunction with Early Bird if eligible). Any change in registration status that results in kamper no longer being eligible for a discount will result in parent/guardian being responsible for revised payment amount owed.
The $25 Early Bird discount will automatically be applied if payment is made in full by April 30, 2016.
Multiple Session Discount ($25 off each session registered for). Eligibility based on same kamper being registered for multiple summer kamp sessions held within the same season.
Note: Youth are considered “enrolled” when they are signed up for a particular camp program or youth retreat. However, they are not “registered” until payment has been processed. This discount pertains to paid registration for multiple sessions minus the amount of requested discounts or kampership assistance NOT to enrollments.
Sibling Discount ($25 off each sibling’s registration)
Bring a Friend ($25 off each kampers registration). Eligibility requires friend to be a first-time kamper.
**Please note that discounts for MVLCC & Sr. High Camp are slightly lower due to lower registration fees**
(please fully complete Kampership Request form when registering)
To ensure we are able to help as many Vanderkampers as possible with our limited kampership funds the following policies were developed:
1. Kampership funds are available only to cover kamp registration or youth retreat fees. Kampership funds may be used for Uniquely Vanderkamp, Explorer Kamps, LIT/CIT programs, MVLCC, Sr. High Camps and Vanderkamp Youth Retreats (i.e., Fall, New Year’s or Winter–February) .
2. Kampership funds will not be made available to cover the costs associated with program add-ons such as horseback riding unless Vanderkamp’s kampership resources exceed the total amount of assistance requested by families.
3. Kampership funds will not be made available to cover more than one week of kamp per kamper unless Vanderkamp’s kampership resources exceed the total amount of assistance requested by families.
4. Only partial kamperships are available. It is expected that parents/guardians make some financial contribution to their kamper’s registration. Payment plans are available.
5. Kamperships are intended to supplement family contributions and sponsorship by a kamper’s church. Therefore parents/guardians must work with their church prior to requesting a specific sum from Vanderkamp.
6. Vanderkamp will do its best to accommodate all financial need requests but due to limited resources cannot make any guarantees until all applications have been reviewed.
Vanderkamp’s registration policies including refunds are included in the process.
Call (315) 675-3651 to speak with our Business Manager if you require assistance. If you forgot your password—DO NOT create another account! We can help you access your account
We can also register your youth for an unlimited number of sessions by phone for an additional one-time administrative fee of $5 per kamper.
Kamper health information is managed online via Camp Doc, a secure web-based system. Within two weeks of registration, parents can expect an email invitation to create an account or update an existing account for their kampers with current information to help us care for your child’s health, safety, and well-being during their stay at kamp.
Early Bird Registration Deadline is Midnight on Saturday, April 30
Kampers paying their bills in full by this time, shall receive $25 off their Uniquely Vanderkamp, Explorer Kamp, LIT or CIT program registrations. Early Bird Discounts can be combined with other discounts.